Overview – what is prepper real estate?
What is a prepper ready property?
- Independent water supply (individual well or small community well that can run from generator or external power)
- Independent sewer system
- Backup-power system (solar, battery bank, propane generator, EMP/Faraday shielded, off-grid, large propane tank)
- Backup heating (wood-burning stove, propane fireplace for emergencies, woodshed)
- Poultry setup for eggs, etc.
- Garden setup
- Not in dense housing area
- In cases where sufficient land area is part of property, horses, cattle, or other animals, grazing land
- one or more neighbors nearby that are ready to defend the area
These are most of the things a property can provide that would qualify it as “prepper ready.” If the property is simply in a good location, and these things can be easily added, that is a “prepper base” property. Of course there are some “base” properties that have some things already added, such as a well and septic system, for example.
what is a prepper base property?